Call for Submissions:
Metro Arts Gallery
Call for Submissions: Professional Local Artists (group exhibit):
The Metro Nashville Arts Commission is seeking single artworks from working professional artists for a group exhibit in the Metro Arts Gallery. The exhibit will run from May 27 to August 5, and will feature a wide variety of Nashville’s visual arts talent. All styles and media are welcomed, but please note that selection is competitive.
Dates and Deadlines:
Entry submissions due: May 2, 2011
Juror review: May 6
Notification: May 9
Opening Reception: May 27
This exhibit is open to all professional artists working in any medium, but must be Davidson County residents, or reside in contiguous counties and their business primarily handled in Nashville. Please submit the below entry materials no later than May 2, 2011:
CD containing the below items:
* (1) digital images of submission, in jpg format, at least 300 dpi, but no larger than 5x7 inches.
* Descriptions of the above artwork indicating title, date, medium, dimensions, and selling price in a Word doc or PDF.
* Artist Statement describing ideas about the work.
* Resume/CV and artist's statement.
All documents should include the artist's name, mailing address, email address, phone and website (if applicable).
Send all entry materials to:
USPS: Metro Nashville Arts Commission
PO Box 196300, Nashville, TN 37219-6300
Physical Address: 800 2nd Avenue S., 4th Floor
Nashville, TN 37210
Terms and Conditions:
* Artist must be Davidson County residents, or reside in contiguous counties and their business primarily handled in Nashville.
* Artists will receive 100% from any exhibition sales of their work.
* The Metro Arts Gallery will not handle any sales, but will facilitate contact between buyer and artist.
* Participating artists will be required to participate on artsnashville.org’s Artist Registry.
For questions or additional information please contact Ian Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 862-6730.
About the Metro Arts Gallery:
The Metro Arts Gallery is a high-vaulted, light-filled corridor within the public area of Metro Arts Commission’s offices, located on the fourth floor of the Metro Office Building in the Richard Fulton Complex. The gallery includes 100 linear feet of wall space and several pedestals for displaying sculpture. MNAC’s address and hours of operation are:
800 2nd Avenue South, 4th Floor, Nashville TN 37210
Hours: Mon.–Fri., 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Closed Holidays
The Metro Arts Commission is pleased to offer a venue where local artists can showcase their work. We welcome the public to visit the gallery and see an array of artworks available in Nashville.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Call for Submissions:
Posted by Untitled Artists Group at 12:29 PM