The Art Train
Self-directed and Instructional Art
Initially, we will be offering portraiture and clothed figure meetings, with a nude figure drawing session to be added later at another venue. Watch the blog for updates.
- Cost: $8.00 per session. Money collected goes to paying the model, the A/C, rent incurred, and for snacks. Any surplus goes to equipment and a slush fund for less populated nights.
- Time: Every Tuesday night from 6:30 - 9:30 pm. We'll post a holiday schedule sometime in the near future.
- Location: Woodland Presbyterian Church, near the intersection of Gallatin Road, North 11th Street, and Gartland Av. The address of the church is 211 North 11th Street. Here's a link to Google Maps. The entrance is at the rear of the church, upstairs. Follow the signs.
- Bring someone along! Come early… the doors open at about 6:15. Pay and sign-in on entry. Help set up and then claim your spot. The model starts promptly at 6:30 pm. A reminder: take care not to block your neighbor's view. Stay until closing… At 9:30 pm we begin cleaning and packing up. If everyone helps, we can finish by 9:45. Come and go when you like. One fee covers whatever part of the night you attend. Work on whatever you wish. This is a self-instructional group, but there are other educational opportunities available. Feel free to ask either Nick or Pat for details.
Schedule of poses:
- Five two (2) minute poses
- Two five (5) minute poses
- One ten (10) minute pose
- One twenty (20) minute pose
20 minute break for model (@ 7:30)
- One thirty (30) minute pose
- One sixty (60) minute pose
- Break time is 7:30-ish. We have roughly 20 minutes for announcements and socializing. Snacks usually consist of soda and juice, veggies, cookies, bread, chips and dip, or some combination thereof.
- We strive to be chemical free. Please use fixatives outside of the building. Please keep smelly or noxious materials at home, including perfumes, oils and markers.
- Recording devices such as cameras, cam recorders, or phones are not permitted.
- Quiet talk is permitted but please be respectful of your neighbors.
We will try to provide a diverse pool of models. We will alternate randomly model genders. If you know of any good models, or someone who is interested in modeling, please contact us.
Participants under 18 should provide parental permission.
Help us make figure drawing a satisfying experience. If you have any questions, suggestions, or problems, please contact us,
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you there!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009