Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nashville letter art project - Due 9-30-11

Nashville letter art project

A community-based Nashville art project, put on by myself, Nate Baker of natenews.com. I've lived in a Nashville for 15 years.

ABOUT
I'm asking people who have lived in Nashville to send me a letter. I'm creating a poster folks can download after it's finished. Full information is available at http://natenews.com/letter.

The prompt is:

After [number] years in Nashville, I learned _______.

You don’t need to currently live in Nashville, as long as you’ve spent at least a year here. Just tell me something that’s true to you. Write as many of the sentence prompts as you’d like. It can be personal, dark, funny, general or about whatever you’d like. Below are all the details you need. If you have a question, post it in the comments.

DEADLINES
For anyone who wants to participate, please send me a stamped letter by Friday 9/30 to participate.

Include one or more sentences in this format:

After NUMBER year(s) in Nashville, I learned _______ .

Write in your own handwriting on white, line-free paper.
Sign your name only as you’d like it to appear publicly.
Send your letter to:

Nate Baker
1414 17th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37212

WHY
I’ve been thinking of ways to encourage a deeper level of dialogue on the Internet. In the world of sharing for hundreds or thousands at the speed of a tweet, sometimes depth gets lost. I wanted to engage in something personal, direct and rare: like letter writing.

The work will likely be a poster-sized pdf you can print out. I’ll license the work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

CONTACT INFO
Nate Baker
http://natenews.com/letter
http://natenews.com/email

No comments: